Designed for the experienced belayer, the GRIGRI is a belay device with assisted braking designed for belaying both in the gym and at the crag.
Compact and lightweight, it can be used with single ropes from 8.5 to 11 mm.
The assisted braking function improves comfort while belaying, holding a climber or catching a fall.
The design of the handled camming mechanism enables exceptional descent control
Colour : Blue, Red / Orange
Materials : Aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
Weight : 175g
Rope compatibility : 8.5 to 11mm single rope
Certification : CE EN 15151-1, UIAA
Belay device with assisted braking, compatible with a broad range of single rope diameters, for both gym and crag :
- feeding slack and catching falls are done using standard belay techniques; always keep a hand on the brake-side of the rope
- the assisted braking function is activated when a climber falls, the device pivots, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and blocks the rope.
Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam, therefore it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
- compatible with dynamic single ropes 8.5 to 11mm, optimized for 8.9 to 10.5mm
- rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
Exceptional comfort during descents :
- the ergonomic handle allows you to easily lower someone
- smooth descent control is achieved thanks to the progressive action of the cam
Designed for experienced belayers :
- simple to use for belaying both lead or top-rope climbers
- optimally balanced design: lightweight (175g), compact and durable
Assisted-braking belay devices
When the climber falls, the device pivots on the carabiner, the rope tightens and the cam pinches and blocks the rope.
Holding the brake side of the rope helps engage the cam; therefore, it is important to always hold the brake side of the rope
To lower the climber on a top-rope, the belayer gradually pulls the release handle, without letting go of the brake-side rope.
The handle helps adjust the friction, but the descent is controlled by the hand gripping the brake-side rope.
Assisted brakingProgressive friction control
- assisted braking in the event the climber falls
- especially useful for working a route: trying a move over and over, holding the climber...
- easily controlled, progressive rope feed provides a smooth and comfortable descent